• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gritash

Registered
Hi to ppl reading this, just wanna get your opinions on a watercooling project I have in mind.
Current spec:
Antec 900 Case (Ver with gromted holes in back)
AMD1090T OC'd 3.7GHz (V~1.304)
MSI NF750-G55
4x2GB RAM (Crucial DDR3 1337Hz)(v1.5)
MSI TwinFrozr II 1248MB GDDr5 GTX 470 Oc'd (Core 725Hz, shader 1450MHz, RAM 1420Mhz)
2x SATA2 7200RPM HDD (650GB, 1TB)
!x Optical Drive (DVDRW)
Corsair AX850 PSU

3x120mm Case fans, 2 Front 1 Rear (L.E.D)
1x120mm Case fan, side
1x200mm Case fan, top

Parts I am planning to install:
GPU:
Aquacomputer aquagraFX for GTX 470 and GTX 465 (GF100)
CPU:
EK Water Blocks EK-Supreme HF Full Copper
NB:
Liquid Extasy Narrow Line Vuci universal waterblock
Pump:
Laing DDC-Pumpe 12V DDC-1Plus inkl. Phobya Laing DDC Aufsatz - black nickel Edition
Res:
Phobya Balancer 250 silver nickel
Tubing:
Masterkleer hose PVC 15,9/12,7mm (1/2"ID) UV-reactive blue/clear 3,3m
Connectors:
16/13mm compression fitting straight G1/4' black nickel plated
Lights:
5mm super-bright LED ultra violet 7000mcd 20? 3.1V
Coolant:
PrimoChill Pure Performance Coolant Black/UV Blue
Lights:
Alphacool Plexi lighting module G1/4
Radiators:
EK Water Blocks EK-CoolStream RAD XT 120
EK Water Blocks EK-CoolStream RAD XT 240
Extra Fan:
Yate Loon D12SL-124UB UV-Blue
Flow:
flow indicator with filter G1/4' (Optional I think....)

I would appricate any comments on it.
I am aiming to make my PC quieter while gaining some more headroom for temps :)
My pipeline is gonna be:
Res>Pump>Rad1>CPU>NB>Rad2>GPU>Res

I am going to mount the 240 Rad behind the front 2.120mm, for 120 Rad its going in a push-pull with the rear case fan.

Comments please :D

Well, thats barely enough rad, to cool CPU/GPU's/NB. I also surely wouldnt bother to cool the NB.

As far as loop order, Just make sure the res is before the pump and then it doesnt matter. Temps inside a properly flowing loop do not dviate more than 1-2C from point to point.

Otherwise, looks OK to me.

Push-pull out vs Push-pull in

Thanks for comments thus far. I was wondering what would be the best config to have the 1x120mm fan & rad, push-pull out of case Vs push-pull into the case. Am going for push only on front 240mm rad, good idea?

Obviously the cooler air the rad can get will keep the temps a bit lower. However, you still need good case airflow. With that, I would push/pull exhaust out the rear.

Concerns

should i be concerned with airflow to and temp building up on RAM?

If you have proper case airflow, cooling the ram is not an issue.

Front/side = Intake
Top/rear = Exhaust

Temp Sensors?

Should I put a temp sensor in the loop somewhere ?

No. Maybe after you want more stuff. You have enough to worry about. Most of us experianced WC folks realized long ago that as long as the cooled stuff is cool enough, it's enough. It adds cost, complexity, ugly wires etc to the loop.

Temp Sensors

Thanks for that Con. Just as an after thought, can I connect a 120mm fan to my gcard's fan pins and it will work?

Overload the fan?

Crapxxs1119 what do you mean? The pins drive 2x30-45mm ones atm (Haven't measured but by eye)

Meaning that the fan header on the GPU board may not be able to power that 120mm fan. Its also usually different than a typical 3/4 pin fan header so its not even plug and play.

Plug it in to your mobo fan header.

Gpu Fan

Is there maybe someway of finding out what the gcard fan pins can take? tried emailing manufacturer. by mobo fan pin do you mean cpu fan pins? cpu fan pins are connecting to pump..

Fan control

Anyone know if its possile to run a 120mm fan off sysfan1 (one with sense but no control) and the wire in via a bridge the control and sense off the gpu card? or would i just be best running the control only from gpu card? i guess it would need the sens if it was to monitor the RPM. Nother idea would be to wire into sysfan2 (no sense or control pins) and wire in the sense and control pins from gpu card. would either of these work? or will i just set fire to things...

120MM Fans

Ok I present to you my charity work for one saturday morning, a list of 109 120mm Fans that myt fit ur needs. The list is not exhaustive and is by no means perfect, don't critise unless ur willing to do something about it. :comp:
I know some specs are missing, ie voltages and dimensions and yes i COULD have linked in the webpages for the pretty pics but if ur serious about things all you need is the info :) enjoy

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j363/Gritash/Fanlist1.jpg
http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j363/Gritash/fanlist2.jpg

(if those links dont work please email me)

Spreadsheet

I cant because it doesnt exist on the web. Only put up screen shots. Send me your email and i will send it back

Back