• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quality bookshelves or DIY?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scoobydoo

Right now I am using $10 Logitech speakers and would like to get a bit more out of my 16,000+ song collection than these can provide. My main setup consists of Denon and Paradigm so listening to music through these bores me and I must make a change

My budget is about $200, but under budget for a quality pair would be great. I have a Kenwood Basic M1 amp just sitting around collecting dust that I would like to use. I think it is about 80-100 watts per channel so it should be able to power most bookshelf speakers

Anyone have any experience with Polks "Monitor" series? They seem to get great reviews and appear to be a great "bang for your buck" option. I am specifically looking at the Monitor30 since that is about as large as I care to go considering the speakers will be ear level about 3 feet away from me

I have been out of the audio world for about 7-8 years now, are there some other less well known speaker makers out there these days offering nice bookshelves for a good price?

My DIY option...

I have a brand new set of A/D/S 236is components sitting here that I never got around to installing in my car and I am considering building or having someone build some cabinets for them.

These are 4ohm speakers, but at the volumes I will be playing them at the Kenwood should have no problems powering them without overheating issues

In car these are great sounding speakers and I think in the right cabinet these would also be great for home use, any opinions on using these?

Sony SS F6000 L/R Speakers

go big. these 3 foot fools will give you some good db power and fidelity at the same time.... price cant be beat..

Back