• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the minimum for the Core Clock/shader clock/stream processors/

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

monovo

Registered
I wanted to know what is the minimum for the Core Clock/shader clock/stream processors/

I want to change my video card and I want to know more about the Core Clock/shader clock/stream processors/.

I want to buy a new video card for gaming...and for Battlefield 3
So I need a minimum of power!

Thanks!

*UPDATE* I want to know what is the minimum for Core Clock/shader clock/stream processors/ for gaming, like Battlefield Bad Company 2 or Battlefield 3. (A good card) So, exemple for the core clock, the minimum, is it 600 mhz, 700 mhz, 800 mhz.

Last edited:
Welcome!!! Not sure I understand the question...outside of needs a new card for gaming.

Please list your curent system specs (CPU/Mobo/Ram/PSU), as well as listing the monitor resolution you are playing on. Dont forget to list your budget for this card either. ;)

I change my thread!

just for say that I change my thread

Please list your curent system specs (CPU/Mobo/Ram/PSU), as well as listing the monitor resolution you are playing on. Dont forget to list your budget for this card either.

Response to EarthDog

-AMD Phenom X6 3.0ghz
-8gb of RAM
-Video Card=Gt 430
-My Power supply=500w (but I will change it at the same time that I will change my video card for a 650w) (So 650w)
-Resolution (I just buy a new screen in vacation. I'm still in vacation so I didn't use it.) 1920 X 1080
(http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Acer+-+...91009&skuId=1804306&st=Acer 23" LED&cp=1&lp=1)
-I want to have a video card that is powerfull. I want to run Battlefield 3 when it will release. One of my friend will sell me his Asus 1gb GTX 460 for around 120$. But I want to have another one maybe better, and I can pay more. So, I want that my video card doesn't exceed around 200$-250$

Last edited:
Is there another one less expensive? (but more powerfull than the GTX 460)

I thought your budget was $250?

Anyhoo, on the nividia side, no, for ATI, 6870. But here with that card, you likelly wont be able to run BF3 cranked.

6870 is about as fast as 460 1gb. The game doesnt coe out for months and looks BEAUTIFUL, so I just *think* that you will likely have to run it on medium or so with this type of card.

Only time will tell really.

Ok and in your opinion...what is the best card between the 6950 and the 560ti.
Also...do you think that they are good card and do you think are they will be able to run Battlefield 3

Thank you so much! Final thing...do you thing that I will see a big difference if I buy the 6950 or the 560 VS the GTX 460.

Back