• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Back In Time Thread - Your 1st Windows Based PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Right I was raiding my loft/attic out the other day any came across the old box to my 1st ever PC i bought which was in 2000 it was a Compaq Presario 5410 and to this day I still remember the very poor spec of it.

Windows 98se
AMD K-3 350mhz CPU
32mb SDRAM PC-100
4gb HDD
CD-ROM
oboard graphics and sound

Heck I remember selling my PSone to put towards it I was 16 lol £800 it cost me it was an ace thing at the time until after a year and learnt most of stuff of building PCs off the net then I was not amused. I did upgrade it I know I maxed out it's memory to 384mb and a new HDD from 4GB to 20GB and installed a Hercules Phophet 32mb PCI card and a new CD-RW drive and put Windows XP Home on it too.

Still to this day even thou it was crap if it wasnt for buying it I would of never had learnt the exp I know today e.g the upgrades and how to install them etc so in a way it was good for something, does anyone here remember there 1st Windows based PC.

My first computer was a Tandy running a OLD Dos 1.0 something or something. For windows My first windows comp was a
1meg mem
100meg hard drive
14.4 kbps modem (think war games movie) i had to pt the phone receive on the external modem.
13" crt
some crappy onboard video 256 colors
5 1/2 floppy drive
tape drive

cd's were not even out then i dont think LOL

Some Packard Bell model. Was my 13th birthday present, 14 years ago. My parents got it for me because they realized computers were the way of the future, and it would be best for me to grow up with one. I remember it had a 120mhz CPU, and I was sooo jealous of the computer my had, a Compaq that had a 166mhz CPU. I remember my first video game for it was the original Diablo :attn:

Back