• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

general question about i7 2600k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sage0030

im not huge into ocing my cpu, but if I leave to defaults, which has turbo mode set to on, it is saying that highest can reach is 3.8, when I check in cpuz its allways 3.4 no matter what im doing, am i doing somthing wrong?:comp:

Run prime95 and check if speed is still 3.4Ghz with cpu-z.
Depending on your mainboard, in bios it should be set to auto for the default settings, turbo should be set to on.

You're not doing anything wrong. Check in your BIOS to see if Turbo mode is set to "On". If it isn't, that will be why you're 2600K says 3.4GHz.

Which motherboard are you using?

You're not doing anything wrong. Check in your BIOS to see if Turbo mode is set to "On". If it isn't, that will be why you're 2600K says 3.4GHz.

Which motherboard are you using?

wow I went back into bios and just set all to default, it goes up to 4.4 without braking a sweat, these new sandy bridge cpu's are freaking awsome, cause I had i7-920 could only do 4.0 and the temp is higher lol, :facepalm:

Back