• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maximus IV hard drive not detected

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperMiguel

Super User
So i have a maximus IV, and i have 6 storage devices connected to the system, 2 of them are ssd sata 3, and are connected to the red connector, 2 are regular drive connected to grey connector, 2 dvd drives connected to the other 2 grey ports..

I just tried connecting 2 more SSD to the other 2 red connector the ones closer to the 24-pin power connector, and they are not being detected, i know the drives are good, now when i go the bios Under Adva-Sata Configuration i only see SATA6G_1 (Red) and SATA6G_2(red) and the 4 grey... Why dont i see the other 2 red ports?

update: if i connect the same 2 SSD to my grey connector they work fine... so the thing is only with the 2 red connector.. also the sata mode is set to RAID mode since im running raid 0 on two of the drives.

Make sure you have the marvell controller turned on under onboard devices

Was going to say the same thing... If the extra drive controllers aren't on, they won't be listed on the screen you were initially checking.

prior to the POST screen it should list the Marvell controller and any devices plugged into it, does anything show up there?

That doesn't make much sense for it to do that. Check in the manual, I know it had specific uses for the ports.

Back