• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Vengance upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cocoberrycrunch

:facepalm:Hey guys, Right now I am sitting on one 4gb stick of the Corsair Vengance. I am currently looking to get two more in a pack so that will be 3. Will 3 work fine until i recieve my fourth one? How much more would my performance increase from 4gb to 16 gb running at roughly 1600 speed?

:facepalm:Hey guys, Right now I am sitting on one 4gb stick of the Corsair Vengance. I am currently looking to get two more in a pack so that will be 3. Will 3 work fine until i recieve my fourth one? How much more would my performance increase from 4gb to 16 gb running at roughly 1600 speed?

:welcome:

It is pretty much impossible to properly answer your question with the information you gave. What are your system specs? What motherboard are you using? etc...

I can tell you that you won't see very much of an improvement by going up to 16gb unless you are running something that requires lots of ram (running lots of VM's, HD video editing, distributed computing) but for the average user 4-6 GB is plenty. but it will depend on your system.
So if you post your specs I can help more.

Also for future reference try to put as many details into your post as you can so that anyone who reads it will have a better idea of your situation and can help easier.

once again have a big :welcome: to the forum!

Do you have triple channel memory capability? If you don't I think running 3 sticks will drop you to single channel, and be less responsive than dual channel. I'm currently running 8GB of Vengeance myself at 1800 8-9-8-24-1t and it's pretty good RAM so far, I run the my computer pretty hard and never get close to using 8 GB's so 12 is going to be a lot anyway.

Back