• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EK Waterblock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GwFreak01

Registered
So I recently bought the Supreme HF Full Copper Waterblock and changed the flow plate. I did a bleed test and water was slowly, but rapidly leaking out of the waterblock. I suspect my O-ring to be not on correctly, but my screws are slightly messed up, so I'm not sure if i can open it up to check. Any solutions?

You gotta open it up. What do you mean 'screws messed up'?

Are they stripped?

yesh :( One of them is ALMOST COMPLETELY stripped, I just REALLY dont want to open it again because the o-ring doesnt seem to want to stay in place.

Get in touch with EK and tell them your dilemma. They are usually pretty good to customers and will probably send you some more screws. Might even get an o-ring out of it.

I dont think they are nice enough to send me a free o-ring :(
plus they are out of them apparently

Try McMaster Carr. Keep at EK. Be nice. You made a booboo yourself, not their fault. Could be a rush, wrong screwdriver, bad tools etc.

EK can be tough to work with, so do what you can. Thankfully, it's a hobby and not a job.

Try McMaster Carr. Keep at EK. Be nice. You made a booboo yourself, not their fault. Could be a rush, wrong screwdriver, bad tools etc.

EK can be tough to work with, so do what you can. Thankfully, it's a hobby and not a job.

Well I probably was my fault but when I opened the waterblock, the o-ring came off and woulnt fit and the waterblock anymore

It is actually quite easy to assemble the EK Supreme block. Put the o-ring into the top part of the block and it stays in there on its own. Then assemble the two parts just make sure not to forget the hold down plate.

Oh and I sent you a PM.

It is actually quite easy to assemble the EK Supreme block. Put the o-ring into the top part of the block and it stays in there on its own. Then assemble the two parts just make sure not to forget the hold down plate.

Oh and I sent you a PM.

My o-ring didnt stay in place. like every time I put it in it's groove, it would just pop back out.

I had the same issue with the o ring lol, I had my wife do it and she was getting all pissed off

What watercooling do you have Zip?:popcorn:

Sig rig going back under water and a few others already under water and have been for years. Cooling depends on the system from cpu to video to motherboard. Different pumps, blocks, and radiators. Why?

Oh and I sent you a PM.

O-ring never stayed in place. Ever. Ruined 2 or 3 in the process.

The only way mine stayed, was to use vaseline around the top part of the block to keep the O-ring in place. Make sure your carefull not to put any vaseline inside the block.

Sig rig going back under water and a few others already under water and have been for years. Cooling depends on the system from cpu to video to motherboard. Different pumps, blocks, and radiators. Why?

None was in your sig, so... We have had experts never using stuff.

You used it, you had no problems rebuilding it.

Want to post your tips for the folks who have problems then?:confused:

None was in your sig, so... We have had experts never using stuff.

You used it, you had no problems rebuilding it.

Want to post your tips for the folks who have problems then?:confused:

I am no expert in opening and closing EK water blocks. It was straight forward with both the Revision 1 (oval top) and Revision 2/3 (square top). I put the o-ring in and it stays put. :shrug: Maybe I have a gift with installing o-rings? The o-ring whisperer. :)

I am no expert in opening and closing EK water blocks. It was straight forward with both the Revision 1 (oval top) and Revision 2/3 (square top). I put the o-ring in and it stays put. :shrug: Maybe I have a gift with installing o-rings? The o-ring whisperer. :)

yeah, the o-ring for me just wouldnt mold into position. I just bought be like a pack of 100 o-rings from McMaster for like 10$ along with a pack of 25 screws for 10$. I might just try that Vaseline method if I rip like 10 o-rings :S

Back