• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Fans dont run at full speed on HX1000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fall

Alright so its not really a life or death issue but I have 3 Rx360s with 6 yate loons on each rad, with their own dedicated PSU they run at full speed on the RADs. But when hooked up to the hx1000 they run at what looks like half speed...

Is there any reason for this? Is my Psu reaching its limits?

Like i said Its not life or death because at half speed their quiet. I just mainly wanna know whats up.

hmm even if that rail is running only 1hdd, ssd, CD?

Must just be all 18 fans running off one rail...

hmm even if that rail is running only 1hdd, ssd, CD?

Must just be all 18 fans running off one rail...

It's pretty amazing how many W some fans use if you're running them full tilt. Some of them are like 20 watts. That's like 300 something if you had 18 of them. I doubt that's it but you never know.

It's pretty amazing how many W some fans use if you're running them full tilt. Some of them are like 20 watts. That's like 300 something if you had 18 of them. I doubt that's it but you never know.

Well i did some research and I keep seeing that the yates use like 3.6watts or something around there so 18 is only ~60 watts...

EDIT: HAHA Wow what a noob mistake... So i have each rad connected to a 6x1 3pin that then connects to a 3pin to molex. I have 6 total of these 3p to molex (3 currently used and 3 extra) I swapped out each rad to a new 3p to molex connection and now there all running at full speed...

I guess theres something about the 3p to molex's that i had on there before are resisting some current to the fans making them run at the lower speed and the others allow the full 12v... Interesting

Well guess i can call this solved haha :D

Last edited:
Back