• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AT&T Android Phones (Infuse4g & Inspire4g)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fall

Alright so my AT&T contract is up and i am done with the iPhone. I have messed around on my mom's Inspire when i see her about twice a month but other than that i am kinda new to Android.

The Samsung Infuse 4G and the HTC Inspire 4G are the 2 phones i was looking at getting.

My Main question is: Is the Infuse worth the $100 difference in price?

I am i guess you can say is an average user, I text, Email, Surfing, few games (gf does all that), Facebook, and some work apps.

Probably will not Root right away but will eventually. What i like in my phones is alot of customization, freedom and what not.

So again main question is between those 2 phones is there any really reason to pay 100$ more for the Infuse?

From what i have seen comparing aside from the faster CPU and AMOLED screen it seems thats the only thing the Infuse has going for it. But i am a phone noob haha

Infuse has 4x internal storage as well as a front facing camera, and a much larger battery.

The gpu in the the Infuse, integrated in the hummingbird processor, is significantly better than the one in the 2nd gen snapdragon as seen in all benchmarks.

So yeah, I'd say it's worth the extra $100, but only if you think you can use it.

So in price/performance of an average user would the inspire be a better buy?

Im just trying to do my homework before i buy like i should have done with the iPhone... :facepalm:

What i like is the HTC Android GUI, and the Samsung specs. If only we could combine the two lol

For the average user, I would say the processor will not matter quite as much for you. However think of it this way. If you are on their $25 data plan, for 2 years, 25*24=600... This is solely the cost of the data plan. Factor in the inevitable voice and messaging plans and this quickly jumps to 85*24=over 2200... Total cost of ownership of a phone is EXTREMELY high over a contract term. Get the better one and justify it by saying you only increased your total cost of ownership by ~4%

HA true didnt think of it that way!

Only other issues im thinking about are the Customization abilities of Sense and TW.

Then are samsungs android phones reliable? I had major issue with a phone called the impression before...

I've never had good luck with Samsung phones...nor LG for that matter, but that is a whole other story.

The people I've talked to with the Epic 4g, though, seem to like it a lot. :)

Yea there are 3 people at work that have the Epic and they have let me play on it and I really like it alot and really simple like sense, and i have used the HTC phones and I like those too. So its kinda hard to decide between the two because I havent had each phone in a hand and compared side by side. Guess Ill just need to steal my moms Inspire and go up to the AT&T Store and compare.

The only thing that bugs me about TW is iPhone lookalike but with customization and what not it shouldnt be bad. I think i have somethingking to do... lol :D

Have you looked into the Galaxy S2? How does that compare(I listen to a few Android pod casts and they seem hi on it)Or isn't it out yet on Att.

Edit: I see the reviewers were using the unlocked UK version....Not out till August it looks.

Last edited:
Have you looked into the Galaxy S2? How does that compare(I listen to a few Android pod casts and they seem hi on it)Or isn't it out yet on Att.

Edit: I see the reviewers were using the unlocked UK version....Not out till August it looks.

yea not out yet i have looked into it though but I think that no more than I use a phone the Inspire should keep me pretty happy.

I do want the Evo 3d though haha its just bad *** :D

Changed my mind im getting the infuse next weekend I got a hands on with Moms inspire and the Infuse that one of the AT&T guys owned and let me play on and i have to say the infuse is so much faster than the Inspire...

Also bestbuy has it for 150 instead of 200 so thats alright with me...

Also Theres not much 3D in the Evo 3D... :facepalm:

Changed my mind again (go figure). Infuse is out because of price and Im really liking the Nexus S.

its 99.99 at best buy for at&t was peeved that yesterday (Nexus was free) that is was only for new contract customers... I love the White one but not for 600 unlocked and I dont think its ever going to come out (been "Soon to be released" since January)... and I think AT&T's version of the Nexus is the same phone (guess they didnt want the white?)

They are pretty much neck and neck in performance (Inspire and Nexus) and the Atrix does not appeal to me feature wise.

So anyone heard about the White Nexus? Or is black with a white case my best bet haha?

Wait a month or so for the Attain (Samsung Galaxy S II) on AT&T. Blows the others out of the water. Dual core, 1GB of RAM I believe. I have the Captivate and LOVE it. Wife has the Inspire 4G (it's OK, I hate Sense and she won't let me ROM it).

If you NEED it now, I vote Infuse over the Inspire any day, but would wait for the Galaxy S II (Attain).

Well thats what didnt impress me about the Atrix was the Dual Core. Mainly because Its not all that supported yet and the Nexus and Atrix are neck and neck in speed with the Atrix pulling away in very few places that I do not need or dont use THAT Much (GPS, etc.). But Samsung has good CPU's and will prolly beat out the tegra.

Also I get Upgrades every year (Found loop hole) Also to me pure Android is major +1 to me. This isnt like a right now thing anymore, as much as i want something android, Id like to see iOS 5 (prolly wont be till 2012, if so i will drop iphone). and the new ICS Nexus will not be for At&T for a bit anyways. So yea

Yeah the Nexus is going to gain speed just on the fact its not skinned, and you'll get faster updates as well. I wouldn't mind having one around to play with. Does that take the same micro sim as the iphone 4?

No it's takes a regular sim but I think they should be able to change the sim back to regular size, I may just have to make an extra trip to the AT&T store which is no issue at all.

What I love about the nexus is that it will be quick no matter what and when the new android 4.0 comes out it will prolly be the fastest single core phone running it since it wont be skinned and with the bestbuy buy back program I can grab the new nexus when it comes out (if it drops with AT&T at launch which is doubtful) unless tmobile and AT&T have fully combined by then

Back