• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

External Hardware Raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

agpatel

Registered
I am looking for a decent hardware RAID 1 external enclosure for 2x drives. I would like to use it for backup images and eSATA is greatly preffered but usb 3.0 can also work if needed. I have seen some like the WD My Book Mirror/Studio II and they seem decent. But wanting some fist hand experience or suggestions for an external RAID enclosure that does RAID 1 and does not off load anything to the computer, i.e. computer does not even know of the RAID.

Any external drive that has RAID does it internally. The operating should only see one drive (the array).

Thanks for the information jmh547, I might have to buy one of these instead. Those are very nice for the price.

Looking at this 4x bay drive, anyone use it or know how the company is

Mediasonic HFR2SU3S2

Reviews for this one and the once it replaces (usb 2.0) versons seem to get good reviews via amazon and newegg, biggest thing is no OS software to monitor status of raid.

Back