• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

22" LG IPS226 LED

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funguygordy

Well I just purchased three of these for eyefinity. I am definitely loving it, however the monitor that is connected to the active minidisplay adapter has tearing problems. It is only this monitor, and it happens in games and on the desktop. If I move a window slowly from the middle to the right screen a "wavy" line moves up it for a couple seconds. I have not had an opportunity to see if it is the adapter itself or not (swapping the monitor positions), but aside from RMA does anyone know what could be causing this?

Sounds like it has something to do with the adapter to me, but you do need to plug the other monitors into the adapter to see if you continue to get that tearing.

It's a problem with 6900 cards. The monitor on displayport will tear, the only way around this is to use 3 displayport adapters.

It's a problem with different refresh rates or something, I don't really know the technical details to it. It doesn't happen on the 5000 series. Unfortunately most cards only have 2 mini displayport slots also, so you're going to have to live with it. It's not too noticeable in landscape configurations, but it gets annoying playing split screen games for me.

Wow, I do wish I had known that. That seems like a huge design flaw in cards that are marketed as "Eyefinity Ready." So basically no matter what there will be one screen that tears?

Wow, yeah, that sucks...

If it is a refresh rate problem, I guess you could try changing refresh rates :shrug:

Back