• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AHHHH hit a wall! AMD 955be

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZRock

Hey so I finally got my case/cooling straight but I've hit an OC wall...
My voltage is already at 1.45, dont' know how safe it is to go higher... CPUz is already calling it 1.48.

I'm stable enough to get on the forums and type this out, but I'm bsod'ing on prime95 within 20s. Any tweaks you can think of?

NB at 2.2ghz 1.1v

Attachments

• cpuz.png
    cpuz.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 297
Still not stable with these specs, temps around 38 idle right now so those arent the problem. Any other ideas?
NB at 2600 and 1.275v

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 287
post the pics of the spd and memory tabs in cpu z and lets see what else could be wrong with it. also 38 idle is a bit high, whats load temps look like?

post the pics of the spd and memory tabs in cpu z and lets see what else could be wrong with it
ya i bet its mem too at higher clocks on cpu most have to ease up on mem or give it more voltage..

bsod's nearly always memory ! and I can see a problem you're running in single channel mode.

when you were in dual channel mode was that with all 4 dimms populated or just 2 ? I reacon your ram timings need to be loosened too.

I notice that you have Samsung/AData Ram. Call your manufacturer and get the correct timings for those modules. Even for 1333MHz those seem a little loose for timings.

I am down to just the Adata sticks now... No idea who to contact for it, i got them free from work. I can drop them back into dual channel later today.

Heres AData's customer support contact information. http://www.adata.com.tw/index.php?action=ss_main&lan=en I don't see a direct phone number unfortunately so you might have to just send a email. Take a look on their website as well they have some ram specifications under 'Products". But if you do send a support email make sure you know your product number, it should be on the side of the module.

*NOTE* Some ram modules have the timings on the side of the module it self. So if you haven't check the side of your ram modules I recommend doing so to see.

Still having issues.

Latest attempt

Attachments

• 6.png
    6.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 226
  • 7.png
    7.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 221
  • 5.png
    5.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 227
1.480v @ 4GHz seems kinda low voltage for a C3 I can't even get that with my C2. Try 1.500v - 1.550v and report back after you have done that.

Bump your ram voltage up to 1.55 and your CPUNB voltage up to about 1.25.

What are your core temps when stressing with Prime95 for 10 minutes?

Back