• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X6 1055T Overclock problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beko

Registered
Hi everyone

I have pho. x6 1055t Cpu

M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 motherboard

And A-Data 1333 mhz cl 7-7-7-20 Rams (2*2 gb) (1.55-1.75 volts)

ı m trying to it stable 3.75-3.8 ghz but ı cant make it stable

What must ı do ?

Please install CPU-z and upload pics of tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD". This will give us valuable info about your harware and bios settings.

While you're at it download and install HWMonitor and Prime95. We'll tell you what to do with these two later.

Need more hardware info. What kind of case (make and model) do you have. How many case fans and how big? (80 mm? 120 mm?), Make, model and wattage of PSU, video card and most importantly, are you using the stock CPU cooler that came with the CPU or an aftermarket cooler?

Please install CPU-z and upload pics of tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD". This will give us valuable info about your harware and bios settings.

While you're at it download and install HWMonitor and Prime95. We'll tell you what to do with these two later.

Need more hardware info. What kind of case (make and model) do you have. How many case fans and how big? (80 mm? 120 mm?), Make, model and wattage of PSU, video card and most importantly, are you using the stock CPU cooler that came with the CPU or an aftermarket cooler?

Thx for your help friend....

But I cancelled it for a few months

I m from turkey and I ll be in army in august so ı think thats no time for pc...

I ll be in army for a few months so this is my last 9 free days

I cant spend them like that type of things

I ll be with my friends and family ... Thanks for your help again

This forum has lots of helpful people...

Its not a question of what must you do, its what you want to achieve. All chips are different, for example the 955 has two steppings a C2 and a C3. The C3 OCs better than the C2 and the same goes the the D0 vs the C0 on the i7 920.

The first things you have to take into consideration is if you have adequate cooling. What are using? Air, Water, Phase, LN2 (I doubt your using LN2 but hey I am putting it out there ^_^.)

Buy some TIM (Thermal Electric Material.) AS5 is good but the 200 Hour cure time is annoying if you want to OC right away. Arctic cooling MX-2,3, or 4 is good, it doesn't have the cure times like AS5 and is theoretically the same in heat dissipation.

Rules of Thumb: I rather use bad TIM applied correctly then good TIM applied incorrectly.

No one can tell you how far you can push your system (unless we were physically there) but we can tell you some advice and helpful tips in aiding you to OC your system to a very substantial overclock.

Take a walk through your BIOS and learn them. Turn off everything you don't need, like C1E Support, Power On (Cool'nQuiet) and other things that are not necessary for overclocking.

*Overclocking* Find a sweet spot between VCore and Fequency and stress test till you crash. Its all about trial and error and it takes a lot of patience.

Let us know if you have anymore questions :)

Back