• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good mobo for x2 550BE oc AND also futureproof?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlo56

Im lookin to build a phenom x2 550 BE computer and I want to try to unlock the 3rd core and overclock a bit (moderate overclocking)

anyone know of a good moderately priced mobo (sub $90?) thats suitable for 550BE unlocking/overclocking AND is also future proof for upcoming AM3+ processors if i want to upgrade? im thinking maybe bulldozer? thanks in advance

Unless you already own the x2 why bother when the x4 955c3 is so cheap right now and is a guaranteed 4 core.

On the 550 be its 2 cores and 2 threads i believe not 3 cores. so it would be like a quad core. and yes why go for a 550 when its out dated i have one my self but some boards dont support the core unlocker so you might be out of luck.

On the 550 be its 2 cores and 2 threads i believe not 3 cores. so it would be like a quad core. and yes why go for a 550 when its out dated i have one my self but some boards dont support the core unlocker so you might be out of luck.

Phenom II comes in Deneb and Thuban (and then Propus which is ridiculous and we won't go there) but anyways, it's a 4 or 6 core. Sometimes 2 cores are locked. Sometimes it's because they were defective, and sometimes it's because they locked 2 cores on a 4 core Deneb to make quota on their 2 core SKUs. No Phenom II hyperthreads.

Back