• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shouldn't my laptop be able to run The Witcher 2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Make sure that you are using the "Performance" power setting, otherwise it will underclock most devices in the laptop.

What settings are you trying to run and at what resolution?

screen res 1600 x 900, configuration spec low...how do you do that performance stuff? I've also heard stuff about drivers but i'm completely clueless

If you right click on the battery icon in the tray, it should give you the option to change it.

If you have Windows 7 and a laptop, you have it. Use the control panel instead.

thanks, sorry i'm just a tool when it comes to computers...more of an android guy :D

even with this, this game is harsh to run on my laptop..lowest graphics possible and its hard to move around. i just want to do the best it can with what the laptop is capable of

Do you have VSync turned off in the game settings? If not, turn it off and see how it runs. Also make sure you have all the drivers installed for your graphics card.

Right click on your desktop. Select Configure Switchable Graphics. Make sure it is using your graphics card when you game. Sounds like it isn't.

Once you are in that control panel I can't help you. I haven't used it and have no idea what the options are.

V sync off, Ubersampling off, SSAO off....

advice on how to install drivers for my graphics card? this is my first high end computer, thanks for the help

Right click on your desktop. Select Configure Switchable Graphics. Make sure it is using your graphics card when you game. Sounds like it isn't.

Once you are in that control panel I can't help you. I haven't used it and have no idea what the options are.

wow it runs 1000 times better now. thanks!!

Back