• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Sempron 140 HELP!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Carrita

Registered
Hello everyone, first sorry for my English but I am the translator of google. I overclocked a sempron 140-3792 Mhz with a m5a99x EVO. I upload some more but do not know what voltages would have to get more. The ht link I see this a bit low no?

I put the memory to 1066 and from there has gone up automatically when the CPU bus ascended.

I would like to reach 4 GHz if possible. Thanks.

110723213326.jpg

110723213411.jpg

110723213427.jpg

110723213454.jpg

Those pics don't help us much because so many things are on auto. Please do this, it will be much more helpful to us. Download and install CPU-z. Upload pics of these tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD".

First of all, your memory speed is directly linked to the CPU frequency/fsb when you use the fsb to overclock. So, as the CPU/fsb gets faster so does the memory speed. Since your max memory speed is only rated for 685 mhz and your are already at 749 mhz your memory may have become unstable. You need to start the memory at a slower speed in bios so that as you overclock and it gets faster you stay within its rating. So instead of starting it at 1066 you may need to put it back to 800.

I should explain that when you are using DDR3 memory CPU-z gives the speed in DDR2 bus speed terms. So to understand what the DDR3 speed is just multilpy the CPU-z speed by 2. So in your case you are actually running the ram now at 749x2 or 1498 mhz.

Also, you may not be able to change the starting ram speed in your Windows Asus overclocking utility. You probably will have to go directly into bios to do that.

Last edited:
I just put it in bios to 800 Mhz and then I increased the cpu bus

cpu4.jpg

Before you get carried away with your cpu bus, you should stress test your system to check for stability and core temps.

Please download and install Prime95 and HWMonitor.

Open HWmonitor and leave it open on the desktop. The run the Prime95 blend test for 20 minutes. Please report back with pics of HWmonitor at the end of that 20 minute test. If at any time your core temperatures exceed 60 C please stop the test. If the Prime95 green worker icon turns to red or if you get blue screen of death you have failed the test and your overclock setting need adjustment.

This afternoon I was passing prime95 when I was the memories of 1066, leave 6 hours and reached maximum I was 49 º C and I was stable. Trents the ht link is a little low, no?

Anyway now I will put pictures later. Thanks

Last edited:
As long as the HT Link speed is between 1800-2000 you will get maximum performance from that parameter. You don't want to exceed 2000 by much or you will experience instability. The NB on the other hand can tolerate some overclocking and this can help memory performance. The NB (really, CPUNB) can be happy at 2400+ with a little voltage bump for the CPUNB.

Everything looks good. What is it exactly you were wanting help with?

And have you tried unlocking the second core on that CPU?

I wanted to know if you can overclock a little more. Probe with fsb of 285 but got a blue screen, maybe you had to give a little more voltage. Try enabling the second core but I was stable. Regarding CPUNB that values ​​would have to put on the board, had told me before 2400, and the voltage? Voltages that are safe for the sempron? If you could tell me the voltages would have to put

The memories do not touch voltage would not? are so well?

Safe CPUNB voltages for overclocking with current AMD CPUs are generally 1.225-1.3.

I'm sorry but I did not understand your comment about unlocking the second core. You tried this yet but it was not stable? Is that what you were trying to say?

I suspect you are hitting a wall with your fsb at 280 mhz. That's pretty high. A lot of motherboards won't even tolerate it that high.

Sorry my mistake, I meant that was not stable when the second core unlocked.
Then I can do is raise the nb and put some voltage is at .925. And then we refine it a bit.

I also think the fsb is a bit high, I'll try playing with prime95 have remained stable if

Sorry my mistake, I meant that was not stable when the second core unlocked.
Then I can do is raise the nb and put some voltage is at .925. And then we refine it a bit.

I also think the fsb is a bit high, I'll try playing with prime95 have remained stable if

Don't confuse the chipset NB (which mainly has to do with the on board motherboard video) with the CPUNB which as to do with the memory controller built into the CPU die. Some bioses make these two confusing to distinguish. Try the CPUNB at 1.225 volts and 2400 mhz.

Good! Your Asus utility sorts that out well. But what does "offset voltage" mean? Is 0.925 the total voltage or just what is added to the stock default voltage. I tell you what: Download and install AMDOverdrive. Run the program and upload the pic. It has a nice interface that shows a slider with the current CPUNB voltage.

Attachments

• AMDOD.JPG
    AMDOD.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 217
The offset voltage does not really like the left have the full voltage and next you gonna put voltages but does not give full voltage until reset. I remember.

2.jpg

I think its the second slider to the left. Add .05 volts with your Asus utility or in bios. Then recheck with AMDOD.

I put what I have said the cpu / nb voltage but the amd overdrive does not change. They are different data

Back