• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My condensation fix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
why dont you just throw your computer in the frige?

then you wouldnt havta worry about condensation!
and you should use a heatercore in there or somethin because that would lower your temps eaven greater!

cuz cold on a greater sirface area will cool the water better...

why dont you just throw your computer in the frige?
I thought about that. It's very difficult to fit the motherboard in there and have all the wires and cables going outside. Just a major pain in the butt. I also kinda like my case. Takes me about 5 min to undo the tubes going to the fridge and put it on a heater core for lan parties. And you still have to worry about condensation with it in the fridge.

and you should use a heatercore in there or somethin because that would lower your temps eaven greater!

No. I have a resevior in the fridge. The evaporator is sitting in that. That is the best way to do it besides having the evaporator on the cpu itself. Putting a heater core in the fridge with a fan would make the heat have to go from the water, through the heater core, to the air, to the evaporator. Or maybe you meant putting the heater core in the res. That would make the heat have to go through metal to get to the other water.

ok that works i guess, i didnt know that you had the evaporater in the rez...

maskedgeek said:
ok that works i guess, i didnt know that you had the evaporater in the rez...

I am doing the same thing here. I can hit -20 deg. C with my coolant chiller. Right now though I am keeping it higher around 10 deg. C. I a, sitting at 1770MHz with a cel-t 1.2GHz. These chips OC like mad.

NuebieN - hows the system coping with the heat load? You must be producing about 70W. I am finding my system is just coping at the 70W mark and holding the temps at -2C with coolant at -17C. I am designing an on core evaporator and also toying with the idea of using a second refrigeration system in the same case to get staged cooling for an AXIA.

NuebieN - hows the system coping with the heat load? You must be producing about 70W. I am finding my system is just coping at the 70W mark and holding the temps at -2C with coolant at -17C. I am designing an on core evaporator and also toying with the idea of using a second refrigeration system in the same case to get staged cooling for an AXIA.

I'll try to answer that the best I can. I'm not sure how I am supposed to know how many watts (heat?) my cpu is producing. Please explain. But my temps go down to about 12-13c and stay there. I would really like to know how you're getting yours down to -2c. I'm still tweaking things so maybe I'm not that far off. Also keep me updated on that on core evaporator.

Interesting. I'm still new to this so maybe you got something there. It is sitting inside a sealed fridge so maybe I won't. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanx.

That's pretty much what tiger did with his system...

What type of antifreeze do you have in that water?!? You should be getting some type of ice...

MiseryQ said:
That's pretty much what tiger did with his system...

What type of antifreeze do you have in that water?!? You should be getting some type of ice...

thats what i was thinking.. i have a nasty buildup on my alum barbs on my WB, its like the crap on watre fausets.. im thinking this block isnt good with the alum top, copper alloy bottom..

Back