• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Image adjustment

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

keaze

Registered
Hello. I have a GTX 570, but i don't think this is card-related.

I have 2 displays set up. A 23" monitor in DVI, and a samsung 40" TV via mini HDMI.

When i watch movies on my monitor, the image is fine. But if i extend the displays and switch the movie to my tv, the image is greyed and washed out. It's not black and white, but for example skin color appears almost grey. Blue leans towards greyish also. etc.

Now i don't know what the problem is. My tv is fine, and if for example i send the same movie file to my tv through ps3 wifi streaming from the computer, the image is perfect.

I can't adjust the image color from the cpu because it will only adjust my main monitor display. Also, when i use extended display, the color adjustment only affects my monitor. My tv's image will always stay kinda washed out.

How can i fix this?

GTX 570
x4 635
4gb ram

Have you set your resolutions using the nvidia control panel? Sounds like you need to make sure your output settings on the card or input settings on the 40" need tweaking. Washed out color can be tricky on miniHDMI but some tweaking should fix it. I had a 720P set that would allow 1080 screensize but only in 16bit which made the color horrible, quick change in output to 720p and all was good.

Chaiyz

increase the saturation/color on the HDMI tv?
also some of the "AUTO" items on the TVs can mess with things depending on what is showing
things like auto contrasts, auto colors, and auto BS in general :)

the "profile" the the tv is using.

different devices feeding a tv a signal, different connection styles, and different methods can have thier own color settings that they felt looked good at the time.
there does exist seperate color control for Second monitor on ATI with atitraytool i was able to adjust the 2 monitors seperate, nvida probably has some color controls for the 2d ?
desktop color settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel ?

(according to the web) like just like ATI, these second monitor color adjustment items do not STICK , through a boot. and do not profile well either.
i have the same problem here, they got ONE working ok, but both at the same time and staying that way or profiling it is not working yet.
but
every indication is that you should be able to adjust the color on both digital output items seperatly, via the grafics card softwares.

Last edited:
Back