• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My First Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kliment

Registered
Is This Any good ?
Case: Cooler Master HAF X RC
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB 7200 RPM
SDD: Crucial M4 64GB
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z
Cpu: i7-2600K
Video Card: Evga GTX 590
PSU: Corsair AX1200
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4 GB
Water Cooling: Corsair H80
CD: ASUS 24X DVD Burner
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa Black
Mouse: Razer Naga Black
Headset: Razer Megalodon
And Any Tips on OverClocking The Cpu ?

Hi and welcome to the forums! :welcome:

Your selections look pretty good to me. Any particular reason you wish to go with the Crucial SSD?

Boot Time Thats All.And Should I Stay With The I7 Because BullDozer Is Coming And I Wanted To Get With A Crosshair V.

If you are going to hold out for Bulldozer, then investing such a large amount of money on an i7 platform does not make sense (unless you have deep pockets). No news yet on Bulldozer, but I would be surprised if it can beat the i7s.

You probably want a new-gen SSD, Intel 510, OCZ Solid/Vertex/Agility 3, Crucial has a version out but there were recalls.

Yea But there a bit pricey

Don't get a nearly $400 mobo and throw that money at a better SSD is my suggestion. The new ones do 500MB up/down and are very reliable. The Agility 3 is a really good priced unit.

In October you will have more options as BD will be out. It looks right now like BD is = or better than SB per $ spent but we still don't know.

Yea I have to Build this one and a Crosshair V build just waiting if the BD is worth the money

Back