• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

460sli, dual monitor setup question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
Ok so I am in the middle of a new build. I have dual 460s for SLI but I also want to run dual monitors. I don't really intend to run many(if any) games in dual view, but want to be able to keep my program environment up on the alt monitor.

Ok so I have never used SLI before and I'm not entirely familiar with how to set up the config. Also do I connect both monitors to the primary card, or one to each to make this work best?

Hello! This is the same setup as I run. I have both my main monitor and a smaller secondary monitor both hooked up to the top card. I normally just run the one 23" monitor, but when I want to have multiple windows or itunes running, I have a hotkey set up on my keyboard to allows me to extend my desktop onto the second monitor, and disable it again when finished. On Windows 7, the keyboard command is "Windows Button + P".

Hope this helps!

3a66e564.jpg

9abb9d69.jpg

Im mostly interested in what settings(if any) must be setup in the nvidia control panel, plus location/type of connectors to use for this setup.

Well I'm running DVi for my main monitor, and VGA for the secondary. Settings-wise, a new option will appear on the Nvidia control panel, "Set up multiple displays". This page allows you to enable/disable displays, as well a drag/drop window to tell your machine where your screens are physically placed.

Image1.jpg

Back