• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games constantly crash to the desktop w/ G-Skill ram...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oh u mad

Registered
i have Win 7 64 bit home edition, the 1333 8gb G-skill ripjaw, and the ASROCK p67 extreme4.... for some reason, it is very stable in memtest but constantly crashes to the desktop in every game. I even raised the voltage to 1.545 with stock timings/settings. The factory voltage is 1.50v..... can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong here? BTW, the crashes happen after like an hour of gaming or more... it's really odd.

Have you tried gaming with only 1 stick of RAM? Are you overclocking CPU or GPU? Did you only just get this RAM recently?

Have you tried gaming with only 1 stick of RAM? Are you overclocking CPU or GPU? Did you only just get this RAM recently?

yeah, i've tried one stick too... same thing. everything is at stock speeds. I've built the whole computer like 2 months ago. I know it's the ram because it crashes way later in the game if I use one stick, but is stable in memtest.

I even did a clean video card driver install but same thing.

Have you stress tested it with Prime95 blend for an hour or more? Have you checked for max core temps under load? Do this: Download and install HWMonitor and open it up on your desktop. Download and install Prime95 and run the blend test with HWMonitor running. Keep an eye on core temps. After 10 minutes you should have reached a core temp that is within about 2 C of what it would be during a much longer test. Report back to us what the max core temps are. Instability can often be heat-related.

Have you stress tested it with Prime95 blend for an hour or more? Have you checked for max core temps under load? Do this: Download and install HWMonitor and open it up on your desktop. Download and install Prime95 and run the blend test with HWMonitor running. Keep an eye on core temps. After 10 minutes you should have reached a core temp that is within about 2 C of what it would be during a much longer test. Report back to us what the max core temps are. Instability can often be heat-related.

i've done prime95 too, temps do not pass 70c.... i'm at a loss here, maybe i'll try to get a refund from g-skill and go with mushkin as a last resort

Back