• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange Issue..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZapTap

So i'm not completely sure this is the right section for this.. but I have win7 on my rig (parts listed in sig) and I had run a dual boot with a second install for benching. But when I installed that, it had two options of course, windows 7 and windows 7, but the benching one was first. so before too long, I decided to format the drive i'd had the benching install on. but now it still shows that option in the BIOS.. and on top of that, it's still first, so if i'm not keeping a watchful eye on it, it just gives me an error.. I've never had experience with anything like this, so can anyone tell me how to get rid of the second boot option? my gut instinct was to clear the cmos.. which did nothing. not sure if that should be obvious or not haha :shrug:

Thats because the BOOT config filkes is on your original drive. Go to your controle panel, Administrative Tools and click on Sytem Configuration. There under the boot tab you can erase the unneeded boot partition.

Back