• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SSDs and JTV streaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SYLARisGod

So someone posted on the CPU section that upgrading to a SSD on his hard drive would help his video streaming to Justin.TV more than upgrading his x4 AMD cpu to a X6 core.

Does hard drive speed even matter when streaming video to a site?

So someone posted on the CPU section that upgrading to a SSD on his hard drive would help his video streaming to Justin.TV more than upgrading his x4 AMD cpu to a X6 core.

Does hard drive speed even matter when streaming video to a site?

I don't see why it would unless it was a particularly slow hard drive. Even with the slow as hell green drives, you can stream to your hearts content.

My big concerns with streaming are network throughput, CPU ability, and hopefully GPU offloading, because thats a big help these days. Silverlight, flash and new web browsers help with GPU offloading, and beyond that I don't think there is anything else to worry about.

Back