• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 2600k overclocking issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaiel

Recently got a new rig and wanted to do a modest OC of the i7 2600k, in bios i set the multiplier to 40 (4.0ghz) disabled c1, c3/c6, EIST, turboboost. I basically want the cpu running at a static 4.0ghz.

PC passed Prime just fine, only odd issue is when the PC goes to sleep, and wakes up, the CPU multiplier drops to 35 regardless of a 40 or 42 multiplier in bios and stays there until a reboot

What am I missing?

MB: Gigabyte z68x-udh3-b3
CPU: I7-2600k
RAM: 2x4gb Kingston Hyperx 1600
Video: EVGA 570 superclocked

If you put the PC under load again, does it pop back up from 35 to 40/42 or stick at 3500mhz constant?

Recently got a new rig and wanted to do a modest OC of the i7 2600k, in bios i set the multiplier to 40 (4.0ghz) disabled c1, c3/c6, EIST, turboboost. I basically want the cpu running at a static 4.0ghz.

PC passed Prime just fine, only odd issue is when the PC goes to sleep, and wakes up, the CPU multiplier drops to 35 regardless of a 40 or 42 multiplier in bios and stays there until a reboot

What am I missing?

MB: Gigabyte z68x-udh3-b3
CPU: I7-2600k
RAM: 2x4gb Kingston Hyperx 1600
Video: EVGA 570 superclocked

I have the same problem stated here
Gigabyte gave me a short BS run around answer..."overclock is not guaranteed"
Why don't you submit a ticket complaint....with enough complaints pounding, hopefully they would fix it with the next bios update.

========
========

EDIT:
Gigabyte's lastest F8 Bios update has FIXED the sleep mode problem.

It's now functions normally. Turbo clock multiplier resumes as intended set in bios originally.

Last edited:
Back