• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wanna help me build a custom loop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kskwerl

I have an i7 2600k. Budget will be around 300-400 USD. Some may find this fun, others may not wanna be bothered. :thup:

Whoever's setup I chose I will buy them anything of 20 USD at the place which I purchase all the watercooling equipment :D

Please give detailed information on why yours is a good choice.

Last edited:
300watercooling.jpg

you might want to get the yate loon mediums instead the extra noise is worth the bit of performance. Either way thats a solid setup.

That list is fine. I would change the 355 to a 35X and the 38mm yates to 25mm yate lows. they will perform the same on that rad.

Would also change the block to the EK Supreme HF for the little bit more $$ that it is...

Might want to check out the stickies a bit to learn some before jumping into it...

Yeah that build seems good. I myself would prefer to go with some medium speed yate loons and a fan controller.

If you ever want to expand the loop to include a GPU (or two) I would recommend getting a MCP-655 pump instead.

Yeah that build seems good. I myself would prefer to go with some medium speed yate loons and a fan controller.

If you ever want to expand the loop to include a GPU (or two) I would recommend getting a MCP-655 pump instead.

This is what I got so far. That EK supreme block is hard to find, it seems very popular!

Attachments

• wc1.PNG
    wc1.PNG
    17 KB · Views: 75
I see you have a HAF X case. That RAD will not fit inside, only upto a 360 RAD will fit. Unless you are going to run the RAD external from the case?

The nickel block will offer slightly better temps compared to the copper one. But I wouldn't expect much of a difference at all.

Your choice of materials, some would warn against the nickel block but I doubt it is still an issue. Btw I think you have the wrong size tubing. you want 3/8" ID 1/2or5/8" OD

I see you have a HAF X case. That RAD will not fit inside, only upto a 360 RAD will fit. Unless you are going to run the RAD external from the case?

The nickel block will offer slightly better temps compared to the copper one. But I wouldn't expect much of a difference at all.

Your choice of materials, some would warn against the nickel block but I doubt it is still an issue. Btw I think you have the wrong size tubing. you want 3/8" ID 1/2or5/8" OD

Thanks I just spotted that too. I actually plan on just putting it outside the case, I don't have the HAF anymore. I really should update my sig. I have a whole new rig.

How's this looking. What kind of res would you guys recommend?

Attachments

• wc1.PNG
    wc1.PNG
    25.3 KB · Views: 64
We're warning you away from nickel plated blocks by ek and you choose an EK full nickel? I doubt that the blocks available right now are updated with the new plating tech so why dont you just buy one without nickel plating to be safe?

We're warning you away from nickel plated blocks by ek and you choose an EK full nickel? I doubt that the blocks available right now are updated with the new plating tech so why dont you just buy one without nickel plating to be safe?

easy there guy, I hadn't read that yet. I ordered a full copper block :thup:

With that inline pump there really is no need for a res a Tline works just as well and it cost nearly nothing to setup.

Since you're just beginnig I suggest you get the apogee. The only time the easy mount really pulls away from competiters blocks is when indigo xtreme is used. It's also not a user friendly block if you have to take it apart and the easy mount, according to skinnie, is a hassle to install the first time. Your money though. :shrug:

PS Try giving the stickies a read. Might learn something useful, like how to maintain that setup.

Back