• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus g74sx-bbk7 vs Qosmio X775-Q7270

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dramadeur

Asus g74sx-bbk7

Qosmio X775-Q7270

But here's the catch: g74sx-bbk7 has a cut version (gimp) of gtx 560 mobile graphics, so bus width there is only 128 bits which is equivalent to gtx 465.

Whereas X775-Q7270 has a standard GTX 560 with 192 bus width.

So on one hand, you get a quick operating laptop which Asus is, on the other hand a laptop with a much better graphics, but is a bit slower.

So, which one of them to choose?

Last edited:
If you're gaming, obviously the better graphics would supercede the slightly slower processing power, but works conversely if you don't game. (?)

ASUS.

Also, I believe asus allows for a percentage base overclock? Did on my netbook from them anyways.

For the same price, you get a higher resolution screen, more memory, a quad core, more disk space, better audio processing, larger ventalation, and a slightly weaker GPU. The in game difference is going ot be anywhere from 1-5 fps considering the bus drop on the same CPU. However, in games that use more then 2 cores, like BF3/BC2, the ASUS will walk over the Toshiba. Heck, an entire thread is dedicated to audio processing on that game.

If you're gaming, obviously the better graphics would supercede the slightly slower processing power, but works conversely if you don't game. (?)
Well difference isn't that much there, except Asus' 560M doesn't have physics or at least that's how gpu-z reports it.

I think Qosmio looks good, has 1080p, bluray and a built-in bluetooth.
Whereas Asus' bluetooth only for receiving and sending data, ergo, you can't connect a bluetooth headset to it, you'll need to buy a bluetooth receiver separately.

Well actually they're both good, just go with whichever is more candy to your eye ;)

ASUS.

Also, I believe asus allows for a percentage base overclock? Did on my netbook from them anyways.

For the same price, you get a higher resolution screen, more memory, a quad core, more disk space, better audio processing, larger ventalation, and a slightly weaker GPU. The in game difference is going ot be anywhere from 1-5 fps considering the bus drop on the same CPU.
and a 2hours battery on Asus laptop vs Qosmio's 4 hour battery life.

and a 2hours battery on Asus laptop vs Qosmio's 4 hour battery life.

Advertised battery lengths and their real deal are usually quite different. ASUS uses a 150-Watt brick while the Qosmio uses a 180-Watt brick. Both come with a standard 8 cell battery. Something tells me that real world performance will give you about 2-3 hours on either.

If you are looking for battery while maintaining decent graphics performance, try the Alienware M11x?

Last edited:
Back