• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

After P8P67 Pro RMA Ram Doesn't Work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funguygordy

I finally got my b3 board, and after installing all of the hardware that had been on the b2 board I am getting a steady red light on the dram led. I have tried reseating the ram, putting them in different slots, and running memok. Is there a reason why ram would work on a b2 but not b3? When I start the pc up it reboots once, and then will stay on but the monitor shows nothing.

Is it just one stick of RAM or multiple?

I would try one stick of RAM at a time (read the manual on what slot to put a single stick of RAM) and see if it works good. Then I would update the BIOS on it...

Its more than likely that the ram is not seated right. What often feels like its in all the way can be just a tiny bit off in those slots.

Its a pain That style of slot just doesn't allow the ram to seat correctly a large portion of the time. Its even worse if theres a warp to the slot, motherboard, or mother board tray when mounting it. I'll be happy when they stop using the single sided Fingers for the ram slots.

Its more than likely that the ram is not seated right. What often feels like its in all the way can be just a tiny bit off in those slots.

Its a pain That style of slot just doesn't allow the ram to seat correctly a large portion of the time. Its even worse if theres a warp to the slot, motherboard, or mother board tray when mounting it. I'll be happy when they stop using the single sided Fingers for the ram slots.

This was it, when I locked them in the opposite sides were pushed up ever so slightly.

Not for me. Having a similar problem. Have the p8p67, not the pro. Tried 4 sticks of ram from two sets, same red led. If I tried pushing the sticks in any harder they'd break through the board. Just tried loosening the cpu heatsink to the point where it's more resting on the cpu than bolted down, so if the boards flexing it's not much. Any ideas?

When I put my stick in originally I thought I had them in all the way, and pushed down on both ends with as much force as I was comfortable with. What helped me was to focus on the side with the latch first, and then after latching it seat the other half all the way.

Not sure about forcing it to boot, that was an idea I had as well but could not find any info on it.

Is this a newly RMA'd board as well? Or has the ram worked before in the same mobo?

Back