• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 vs AMD Athlon II X4 630

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

episode67

Simple, i just want one or the other, which is best for gaming. I mostly just run source games like Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2, CSS, etc.
From what I heard, Dual cores are better for home use and small gaming.

The E6550 might be a hair faster in some older games, but for most stuff, the X4 is a bit faster.

I really wouldn't recommend a dual core these days for anything but a grandma machine or low power HTPC.

Looks like that Athlon II X4 630 will beat the E6550 in just about everything. I looked it up here.

Out of 31 benchmarks the E6550 only beat the Athlon in two of them, with the Athlon taking the gold medals in all the rest.

Last edited:
Looks like that Athlon II X4 630 will beat the E6550 in just about everything. I looked it up here.

Out of 31 benchmarks the E6550Athlon only beat the Athlon in two of them, with the E6550 taking the gold medals in all the rest.

Fixed that for you, more importantly though, in GAMING benchmarks the athlon won them all

i cannot edit your posts i fixed it in the quotw in my post, no worries, your intent was good and correct just a typo... we have all done it ;)

Back