• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UBCD4Win BSOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaredavidporter

Don't know if this is the right section for this so here I go. So I burned a UBCD4Win yesterday using my windows XP files. It appears that the creation of the ISO ran fine but whenever I go to boot from the CD I get a BSOD with the 7B error. I've tried looking everywhere on the internet for a solution and cannot find any.

Here's what happens:

I'll get to the boot options screen then select Ultimate Boot CD for Windows.

Then there is a loading screen. Once the loading bar is full it will hang for about a minute or so (the CD drive still makes sounds of activity so I don't know if this is normal). After the hang I'll get a Windows XP splash screen and after the graphical loading bar passes about two times I get a BSOD with a 7b error; it tells me to do a chkdsk /f command.

Bear in mind that I am running this off of my laptop when I boot it up (Asus G73JH - Windows 7 64x).

I'm making this so I can get some files off my friends hard drive while trying to figure out why his system keeps freezing.

EDIT:

I tried using it on my desktop and it worked. Don't know why it wont work on my laptop but I'd like to get it working if I need it for future purposes.

Last edited:
Is your laptop HDD controller in AHCI mode? Depending on the chipset, it may not allow for Xp to load the HDD controller drivers required.

I tried checking in my bios and there was no AHCI mode option available. I do believe it has something to do with the drivers like you said. I have no clue how to update them on the ISO though.

Back