• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My dream mobo has landed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is the x-fi a real x-fi or just that crappy onboard stuff? I know the g1.* gigabyte boards sported real x-fi cards. I think that's just a phony baloney one considering the price but I'm genuinely curious.

Audio Feature :
- X-Fi® Xtreme Fidelity™
- EAX® Advanced™ HD 5.0
- THX® TruStudio PRO™
- Creative ALchemy
- Blu-ray audio layer Content Protection
- Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel

It has 14 USB connectors total and 3-way SLI support or CrossFire support... Can games utilize triple video card setups? I know it's useful with multiple monitors.

I dont know autally but the sound on my mobo has so many audio tweaks with it its crazy and the sound is amazing so i would think so yes i mean its stamped it a metal badge on my mobo x-fi yeah in my manual for my formual iv it says its codecs with a interface hope that helps

I am waiting till you over-clock your Phenom 2. My friend has the same MB and Phenom 2 X6 1090T. Don't forget to write me a PM once you will OC the CPU to bad-*** levels.

Oc's well and was easy to get my original OC from my Crosshair IV Extream and seeems a lot more stable voltages (votage fluctuations) then earlier versions of the Crosshair. Can't comment on the Thunderbolt part as I just have the regular Crosshair V.

I think if someone is really a sound enthusiast don't even bother messing with x-fi. A nice example is the versions of x-fi, many of which performed sooooo bad, like the extreme music version. There are so nice sound cards on the market and no onboard or onboardish audio can compete with a serious card. Also keep in mind an onboard sound card uses a few of your precious cpu's clock cycles.

Back