Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.
Forum Jump

USB 3.0 Connecting the cables to the mobo.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 04-12-11, 03:19 PM Thread Starter   #1
collozauren
Registered

USB 3.0 Connecting the cables to the mobo.

Hi.

So, I bought a case which has USB 3.0 connectivity at the front panel but the cables for those are "regular" USB contacts. So my question is as follows, is there any adapters or any other way which enables me to be able to connect these to the MOBO (internaly) instead of having to exit through the back and connect them to the back panel or use an adapter to convert them to USB 2.0?
My Mobo supports USB 3.0 and have contacts for it internaly aswell as on the back panel. The problem is that the cables running from the front panel are "regular" USB contacs instead of the kind you normally connect internaly to the MOBO.
My MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe REV B3.
My Case: Lian Li PCx2000F.

Thanks in advance.

collozauren
collozauren is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-12-11, 09:57 PM   #2
Diggrr
Underwater Senior Member

10 Year Badge

If you have a spare PCI-e 1X slot, there's this card with an internal port and an external one.

Lian Li makes one that plugs directly onto the header with two female connectors on the same unit, but darned if I can find it outside of their website.

Life's Tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Diggrr; 04-12-11 at 10:40 PM.
Diggrr is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-13-11, 06:15 AM Thread Starter   #3
collozauren
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggrr View Post
If you have a spare PCI-e 1X slot, there's this card with an internal port and an external one.

Lian Li makes one that plugs directly onto the header with two female connectors on the same unit, but darned if I can find it outside of their website.
Yes, I have a adapter that came with the case, one with two female connectors that you plug on to the MOBO but it's a USB 3.0 to 2.0 adapter, I want one that's for the USB 3.0 standard. Although you might be talking about one that's for USB 3.0?
I'll have to keep looking, and thanks alot for the help.
Old 04-13-11, 09:33 AM   #4
Diggrr
Underwater Senior Member

10 Year Badge

Yes, both the add-on card I linked, and the Lian Li adapter are USB 3.0 native. Sorry I linked an American site, didn't notice you're from Sweden.

The Lian Li page showing it is here. I only seem to find it for sale in Europe...lucky you!

HERE HERE

Life's Tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Diggrr; 04-13-11 at 10:13 AM.
Old 04-13-11, 12:32 PM Thread Starter   #5
collozauren
Registered

Quote:
Yes, both the add-on card I linked, and the Lian Li adapter are USB 3.0 native. Sorry I linked an American site, didn't notice you're from Sweden.

The Lian Li page showing it is here. I only seem to find it for sale in Europe...lucky you!

HERE HERE
No worries I found it aswell, same as one of the sites you posted, http://www.indomo.se/13276-Lian-Li-U...n-USB3-adapter
Indeed lucky me since it's a swedish website, I'll be ordering one of those.
Now I'm going to build my own 2,5" to 3,5" adapter for my SSD since the one Intel sent with the HDD doesn't work for my hotswap bays

Thanks a lot for the help!
Old 04-13-11, 12:38 PM   #6
Diggrr
Underwater Senior Member

10 Year Badge

Välkommen broder!

Old 04-14-11, 06:46 AM Thread Starter   #7
collozauren
Registered

Quote:
Välkommen broder!
Hahaha Tack så mycket
Old 05-01-11, 03:30 AM   #8
jimdot

Lian LI Model: UC-01 USB 3.0 motherboard connector

I was just in touch, via email, yesterday 4/30/11 with someone at http://www.frozencpu.com/ He informs me that they will have the Lian LI UC-01 USB 3.0 motherboard connector sometime this comming week. You will just have to keep checking their web site for it until it shows up.

Jim
Dayton, Oh
USA
5-01-2011
jimdot is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-01-11, 10:30 AM   #9
Diggrr
Underwater Senior Member

10 Year Badge

Sweet! I don't have USB3 on my little mITX rig, but I do have the same deal going on right now, my new Lian Li case has normal A-male connectors to the front panel and a back slot cover for routing the wires outside for back IO connection!

Funny how Lian Li makes the solution, but doesn't include it with their case!!!

Thanks for the info, and Welcome to the forums!

Old 08-03-11, 06:25 AM   #10
awesome_lotus

USB 3.0 motherboard header connector/cable

if you are looking for a good USB 3.0 motherboard header connector I bought one on ebay and it workd fine.
search on ebay for: USB 3.0 motherboard cable/connector 19pin to USB 3.0
I hope this helps
awesome_lotus is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.