• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Removing from registry

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AarontheJC

I was forced to delete Folding At Home because of system lockups and a whole mess of other things that are in another thread. The short of it is, I deleted the directory, startup, and all other directly affiliated remnants. Now, I have to remove the traces that it left behind.

Can someone out there tell me how to remove it from my registry (?) in XP Home so that my box will think that it has been officially uninstalled.

I have tried many times to remove F@H properly, but, as I said, that's a whole other thread, and it just wouldn't uninstall.

Try installing it again over the current bits that are left and then uninstall it properly.

Thanks Penguin, but I already tried that...it didn't work. I wouldn't have deleted the directory if it had...

I'm downloading Reg Cleaner right now, so we'll see how that goes. Thanks for the link, takiwa.

Back