• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX580's: MSI Lightning or ASUS Matrix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Devil_Dog

Trying to decide here. Should I get the MSI Lightning or the ASUS Matrix? Getting 2 for SLI for benching.

I know get both.:attn: I wish.:rofl:

Thanks

Yeah but there is no expected release date or MSRP on that card.

Both cards are phenomenal, I personally like the lightning more for its switches that it has on the back of it to turn on/off the various things that you tend to need to solder to the board (OCP, ColdBug, etc).

I've been in the market for a couple months trying to find a good deal on either a lightning or a DCII, just isn't easy.

When the Classy comes out I'll cross that bridge then but until then I'm going for one of the above.

The choice is tough.

Look at the SIMILAR THREADS below...

EDIT: Crap. that thread was in the benching lounge...

MATRIX.

Thanks.

Which of them OC's better?

They are both very strong cards. So they both have nearly the same potential. With cards that strong it will come down to luck in getting a cherry core. Are you going to be taking the cards subzero?

They are both very strong cards. So they both have nearly the same potential. With cards that strong it will come down to luck in getting a cherry core. Are you going to be taking the cards subzero?
Exactly... both are about equal, I think the Matrix has better power delivery or something but really, unless you are getting them cold, it doesnt matter which 580 you get even outside of these.

They will be getting cold as soon as I get new GPU pots. Can't find any to save my *** ATM. Will run on H2O until then.

I still vote matrix. On air I think it would win hands down due to it's 3 slot cooler but subzero it will just come down to skill and lucky on getting a good core.

I would make sure that your motherboard can do SLI with 2 3-slot coolers. Although if they will be watercooled then the 2 vs 3 slot cooler doesn't matter.

I have a couple GPU blocks that should fit on them. At least according to EK they will.

full cover blocks? because they might not fit a none reference 580. most of the full cover blocks I have seen aren't good for anything but reference 580's. just something to keep in mind.

Back