• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

To SLI or not to SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

reddragon

Registered
I currentley own an Asus GTX 560 ti and was either considering getting a second Asus GTX 560 ti to run in SLI or just getting an Asus GTX 570 DCii, what would be a a better deal in the long run "i can sli two asus gtx 570's in the future but it would be limited by my mobo since im running on an asus sabertooth x58 and the last pci-e slot only runs at x4 when the first two run at full x16"

so what would be better just sli'ing the gtx 560 ti's or getting a gtx 570

gamming at 1920x1080

2x 570 is overkill for 1920x1080
2x560 sounds right to me, for both price and performance

For 1920x1080... I wouldnt SLI a 560ti. I had one and it charged through all games I played (BFBC2, Dirt3, COD:BO)... Personally, I would wait and hold on to that single 560ti to see what the 600 series offers in a couple months.

im not sure if sli works with different series cards, if he waits for the 600 then hes gonna have to sell the 500 one,which would cost :p

I guess I wasnt clear?

Use the 560ti now.. When the 600 series releases buy ONE of those and sell the 560ti.

no you were clear but the price is gonna drop for 500 series when 600 goes out then the 500 will be sold even less than now, which is a loss of money of you ask me

There is no point, to me, to run SLI on 1920x1080 with that card. I wouldnt get a 570 now...or later as its not a signficant enough upgrade for me personally. Maybe it is for the OP. I would emploer him to look at some reviews first though.

I would wait and get the 600 series high midrange (670ti? :p) which should pound a 560ti/570 and will easily be good for 1920x1080, and just sit on a good card, the 560ti for now.

Last edited:
gtx 600 series arent comming out for some time do another delay on the processors.....bought another Asus GTX 560 ti and am getting ruffly 100 fps avg on almost everygame i own with SLI.....heres the list of games via screen capture of my desktop......will post FPS rsults if anyone has doubts

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    647.8 KB · Views: 541
I currentley own an Asus GTX 560 ti and was either considering getting a second Asus GTX 560 ti to run in SLI or just getting an Asus GTX 570 DCii, what would be a a better deal in the long run "i can sli two asus gtx 570's in the future but it would be limited by my mobo since im running on an asus sabertooth x58 and the last pci-e slot only runs at x4 when the first two run at full x16"

so what would be better just sli'ing the gtx 560 ti's or getting a gtx 570

gamming at 1920x1080
One monitor, 1920x1080. One card.

Crysis 2 (1.9 dx11 ultra settings everywhere) and metro 2033 are about the only 2 games that I have that get the fans on my cards going.. The only reason why I have a second card for sli is because I talked the crackhead down to just under half price in a local craigslist type thing. Good deal for me because the card was bnib :) For most everything else tho, 1 card is good enough for 1 monitor these days. Wich is pretty impressive :thup:

Heck my Asus GT440 1gb (spare card)plays most of my games @1920x1200 with decent settings and 35fps

Crysis 2 (1.9 dx11 ultra settings everywhere) and metro 2033 are about the only 2 games that I have that get the fans on my cards going.. The only reason why I have a second card for sli is because I talked the crackhead down to just under half price in a local craigslist type thing. Good deal for me because the card was bnib :) For most everything else tho, 1 card is good enough for 1 monitor these days. Wich is pretty impressive :thup:
This crackhhead have any more..lol

Metro 2033, Witcher 2, Crysis 2 DX11, Just Cause 2, Dragon Age II push my hyperclocked 570SC to max in the order i listed, hardest starting from metro, i know 570 sli is overkill for 1920x1080 but when 600 cards come out and push 500 series priced down ill get another 570SC just so i can play witcher 2 with ubersampling on :D

Back