• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Extreme DPC Latency when gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darylicked

hey guys, I'm sorry if this has been posted before or if I am in the wrong section but I'm literally at my wits end with this issue I've been having.

first things first here are my specs for my pc

Intel i7 930 @ 2.8Ghz
Gigabyte X58-UD3r REV 2.0
EVGA Gtx 460 and MSI GTX460 Cyclone in SLI
4 x 2GB G.skill RamDDR3 SDRAM 1333
Corsair 650W PSU

I have been having an astronomical amount of DPC latency on my PC for the past few months, i thought i had it licked the last 2 weeks when I installed an older Nvidia driver but alas it has started up again something fierce.

I have used DPC latency checker and while playing a game such as BFBC2, Brink, Fallout New Vegas i get upwards of 36000+ Us

I also have used the Latencymon program to try and find the culprit, and it fluctuates almost depending on what game I am playing to what driver is causing the issue with either DPC latency or Hard pagefaults

the images i have uploaded show that its my directx kernal driver causing the pagefaults, but on new vegas it would show high dpc latency being caused by usbport.sys or atapi.sys, and I have update all my drivers, I've turned off SLI and had the same issues (these reports Ive uploaded are from SLI being disabled), I have also turned off devices, etc... etc...

I'm at the point where I want to sell these parts and built up a whole new rig lol I read that the X58-Ud3R's have latency issues as well as the GTX 460s but I know of people who don't experience the latency im getting here.

If anyone has any recommendations or experience with this issue, especially with the aforementioned specs that I have, I would so very greatly appreciate it lol

Again I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere I tried searching and all I have been doing the past 2 months is searching for forum threads that could lead me to salvation for this matter. Also I apologize for the long read!

Attachments

• latency checker.jpg
    latency checker.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 695
  • Latencymon results.jpg
    Latencymon results.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 673
Hello Darylicked!

I had this issue with BFBC2 also I found the answer by google, but I didn't call it DPC just a lagging problem during game play. your rig looks fine though you didn't say what OS your using I'm assuming it's Windows 7 and I hope its 64bit too.

yes sorry I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

it does not only happen for Bad Company 2 however it happens with a lot of games I have, and it doesn't initially start lagging along with popping and clicking sounds, it happens after maybe 5 minutes of play and becomes unplayable

yeah i just tried it and it didnt work, it has to do with drivers or something along those lines, this is very frustrating i feel like selling my motherboard and video cards and starting from scratch

even after doing that after 10 minutes of play stuttering starts and the cracks and pops becoming insane after the game runs 60 fps on my computer (along with other games besides bad company 2)

im so unbelievably frustrated at this and have been dealing with this for 2 months straight arrrrrrrgh lol

yeah i just tried it and it didnt work, it has to do with drivers or something along those lines, this is very frustrating i feel like selling my motherboard and video cards and starting from scratch

even after doing that after 10 minutes of play stuttering starts and the cracks and pops becoming insane after the game runs 60 fps on my computer (along with other games besides bad company 2)

im so unbelievably frustrated at this and have been dealing with this for 2 months straight arrrrrrrgh lol

OK,
So are the Ethernet drivers up to date, did you remove the old one's first? How bout your OS up to date? I know Gigabyte comes out with new updates all the time so does Realtech have you checked realtech's site?

hey guys just an update on my situation, I updated the BIOS for my motherboard and it seems to have fixed the issue i get a spike every now and then but not the constant 29000 spikes

thanks for all your input!

Back