• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New computer is stuttering/lagging in windows 7 64bit ultimate help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dream308

Specs:
GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 AM3+
1090T x6
450 GTS
Kingston HyperX 8GB(2x4gb) KHX1600C9D3X1K2/8GX
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
Antec BP550 Plus Continuous Power ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Modular
Mouse and keyboard logitech 5500 series wireless.

I have reinstalled windows several times on different hard drives and my mouse cursor stutters even with drivers installed all the drivers from the cd and website are installed and match..

The problem persists though reinstalled of windows.. im on my 3rd install on a different harddrive.. theres is no ram or CPU usage yet everything is sluggish my external harddrive randomly turns off when its plugged it I have to replug it in..

e7gz5t.png.jpg

Im lost any suggestions..

Last edited:
Your problem seems very much n0t new.

I saw one poster when I was g00gling say that the thread he was in was one hit of 16 million about this issue since the release of Win7.

Deferred Procedure Call issues.

Wireless mouse and keyboard problems: make model and brand can be an issue.

Win 7 Mouse Stutter, When is a Fix Expected

Applies To: Windows | Windows 7 | Hardware and Drivers
This forum is littered with threads about the a Windows 7 mouse stutter: http://social.answers.microsoft.com...1)+site:microsoft.com&rn=All+Windows+7+Forums. The Internet has many more.

The threads go on and on eventually ending when the poster gives up. It seems to occur on a variety of systems and may be related to problems in handling deferred procedure calls.

Lots of the threads are market 'answered'. But they are not. There is never a fix specified that anyone reports working. The diagnosis requires ICE monitoring that few if any users posting here possess.

Is Microsoft going to address the problem or just assume that people using 3.8GHZ quad core Sandy Bridge processors with 16GB RAM and SSD SATA 6 drives should just live with mouse freezes every few seconds?

If you have a wireless mouse, you can follow the steps in this linked article:

And the one just below that actually did fix a few users problems.

1) Uninstall the Windows Update KB977074 (The January 2010 stability and reliability update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2).

2) Reboot and let your system sit for a couple/few minutes after rebooting.

3) Just in case... Reboot again, and then reinstall the KB977074.

4) Reboot to complete the installation.

The January 2010 stability and reliability update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 info and download link -->

>> Download link for kb/977074

Last edited:
Your problem seems very much n0t new.

I saw one poster when I was g00gling say that the thread he was in was one hit of 16 million about this issue since the release of Win7.

Deferred Procedure Call issues.

Wireless mouse and keyboard problems: make model and brand can be an issue.

Win 7 Mouse Stutter, When is a Fix Expected

Applies To: Windows | Windows 7 | Hardware and Drivers
This forum is littered with threads about the a Windows 7 mouse stutter: http://social.answers.microsoft.com...1)+site:microsoft.com&rn=All+Windows+7+Forums. The Internet has many more.

The threads go on and on eventually ending when the poster gives up. It seems to occur on a variety of systems and may be related to problems in handling deferred procedure calls.

Lots of the threads are market 'answered'. But they are not. There is never a fix specified that anyone reports working. The diagnosis requires ICE monitoring that few if any users posting here possess.

Is Microsoft going to address the problem or just assume that people using 3.8GHZ quad core Sandy Bridge processors with 16GB RAM and SSD SATA 6 drives should just live with mouse freezes every few seconds?

If you have a wireless mouse, you can follow the steps in this linked article:

And the one just below that actually did fix a few users problems.

1) Uninstall the Windows Update KB977074 (The January 2010 stability and reliability update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2).

2) Reboot and let your system sit for a couple/few minutes after rebooting.

3) Just in case... Reboot again, and then reinstall the KB977074.

4) Reboot to complete the installation.

The January 2010 stability and reliability update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 info and download link -->

>> Download link for kb/977074

THANK YOU :D

What's the "WD SES Device" under "Other Devices" that shows in the device manager and apparently doesn't have a driver installed?

Sounds like : Western Digital My Passport/My Book hard drive driver since it needs SCSI driver for certain drive functions.

Id have to say its an issue with the wireless keyboard/mouse.
The first keyboard/mouse I bought for my HTPC was a cheap bluetooth setup.
Never could get it working right, so I bought a 2.4ghz wireless setup which works perfect.

In line with what was posted above, Id install all updates and go from there.

Just thought that I would add something. I have found that not installing the Logitech drivers and program and letting the MS default mouse drivers take over also can get around the issue. I also do not let the MS update update the drivers for Logitech devices aa they seem to work without them.

Back