• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sli gtx 570 heat issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigdfootball89

started up bfbc2 for the first time with my new rig today( specs in my siggy) and i noticed that the top 570 got to 93c when i got into a server. the cards r right on top of each other

the fan is on auto so i was thinking maybe i had to get it time before the fan can come into affect and cool it down?should I keep it at 100% always? if not i guess i can downclock them a little

Oh and I can space the cards further apart; I'm thinking that's gonna help the most
thanks in advance

Last edited:
I would definitely try spacing them further apart if you have that option available to you. That is one of the caveats of SLI is basically feeding the top card the heat radiating from the card below.

Depending on the game you play I would try setting up a fan profile but be a bit aggressive with the %/temperatures (a bit more than 1:1 ratio)

I use an agressive fan profile, and I have a strong (quiet) fan blowing from the front to back across the cards. I normally dont see temps go much into the mid 70s, depending on what the ambient temp is. Never had my 570s get that hot tho, are you useing a fan profile with afterburner or precision?

Back