• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED WMP issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

King107s

Hey guys,

I know this sounds really noobish but I have to ask anyway! For some reason WMP stopped playing videos on websites that you have to click to play such as content in mpeg format. Now, instead of playing the video, I get the option to download it which is really annoying when you just want to quickly view something and move on. The player works fine on downloaded videos, it just wont pop up and play them when clicked on in the webpage.

I'm using windows vista 64 prem and IE9

I think there is a setting somewhere in IE9 that initiates programs like WMP to play the file when clicked on which is not happening...

I've looked through Internet options-->Programs tab-->Set Programs-->Change Auto play settings and selected WMP just as a default and it still would not play the files when clicked on. I also looked through the different sections of the advanced tab. Any ideas?

Back