• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Lamptron FC9 Fan Controller Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Very good review Hokie. Glad to see the details and the in-depth review! Not many do that.

Thanks Hokie, great review ! :thup:

Also it does have a really excellent voltage drop out even driving at high current. :clap:

Edit : Suggesting for next review, measure also the input voltage, from that you can substract the output voltage to get an accurate how much it drops the voltage.

I didn't mention that? Could have sworn that was in there. It will be in a moment though. Input voltage was 12.25V. I'd have been spouting percentages out my rear-end if I didn't know the input voltage! :chair:

EDIT - Fixed. Thanks for catching that bing! Side note - You wanted to see the inner workings and now you see the best photos too. If you want high res, PM me your email. :thup:

Thanks for the kind words too thiddy!

Hey Spawn, kudos to Lamptron for the selection of the components on those wrapped inductors, though its really minor, I really love this kinda details cause it will improve endurance, especially they're near to those connectors that user might accidentally bumped on them, scratched coils is bad thing. :thup:

Hey Spawn, kudos to Lamptron for the selection of the components on those wrapped inductors, though its really minor, I really love this kinda details cause it will improve endurance, especially they're near to those connectors that user might accidentally bumped on them, scratched coils is bad thing. :thup:

Now that you mention it actually, im happy someone took notice of that. The early prototypes actually didnt have any covers on those, and we made a particular note during testing to make sure they got covered for extra protection. :thup: Just one of the many extra steps we take to assure product quality.

Now that you mention it actually, im happy someone took notice of that. The early prototypes actually didnt have any covers on those, and we made a particular note during testing to make sure they got covered for extra protection. :thup: Just one of the many extra steps we take to assure product quality.

Excellent, my applause to Lamptron's team and also greatly appreciate the decision on that. :clap:
In the past I've been in this kind of manufacturing and electronic component business, and during prototyping period, for company that producing lots of product variants, this sort of minor details can be easily missed and forgotten.

Really, you guys had done a really great & quality job there, this makes me remembered a quote .. "The devil is in the DETAILS". :D

great write up hokie! i may have jsut found my fan controller! i figure with running the delta's like i plan i need a controller to make it bearable when im not pushing the system hard

Thanks! Hope you like it as much as I do. It's my favorite Lamptron controller by far.

This was a review sample from Lamptron, so I didn't purchase it. Just by sheer ratings though, it blows most other brands out of the water. One channel can handle both of your ultra kaze's without breaking a sweat. Can't say that for most other fan controllers on the market (except for other Lamptron controllers).

This was a review sample from Lamptron, so I didn't purchase it. Just by sheer ratings though, it blows most other brands out of the water. One channel can handle both of your ultra kaze's without breaking a sweat. Can't say that for most other fan controllers on the market (except for other Lamptron controllers).

Lucky dog. Maybe I can do a "review" on my own pc wonder if I can get 1...:clap: lol

I kinda figured the same I was like yeah I can put 2 on 1 channel.

Back