• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade RAM in my eeePC 1005PEB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StoneRyno

I wanted to check others thoughts on what to buy before I buy. It came with 1GB of DDR2 SO-DIMM 800 in it. It appears to only have one slot so unfortunately I will have to replace it instead of add to it. Max according to asus is 2GB. Here is the link to the filtered list of RAM on newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...600000426&IsNodeId=1&name=DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) At the time of writing this the price range is from $20 and $30 so price is of no concern. I have Gskill in my PC prety sure my sig has up to date specs for my current one. I have also used crucial and corsair brands in my PCs in the past. Quality, reliability and performance would be my main concern. I thought making due with the 1GB it came with would be fine but I have a feeling it is the main bottleneck for performance even though all I use it for is non-gaming applications. Internet (dozens of tabs in firefox), bible study software, coding with aptana studio 3 (and emulators for the platforms the apps are written for), etc. RAM tends to be 95% full all the time. So I assume it is overworking and using virtual memory constantly.

Back