• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

V7 vs. V6, which is right for me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Redish Blue

So I am just about to start folding, but I am unsure of what client to run. My current setup is as follows 2600k (stock speed and heatsink, but I will be OCing in the next few weeks with a new heatsink), GTX 580, 8gb ram, P8P67 deluxe mobo, AX850, Antec 1200. I was told in the last post I made that just running the CPU client would be more energy efficient and wouldnt lose me to much vs running both CPU and GPU clients. Lastly I would also like to track how much I am folding each day and I was told that you cant track your stats in the V7 client? So if you guys could let me know what you would do that would be awesome :)

Lastly I would also like to track how much I am folding each day and I was told that you cant track your stats in the V7 client? So if you guys could let me know what you would do that would be awesome :)

FYI, i was referring to ChasR with:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasR View Post
I should really start another thread, "v7 vs. v6, which is right for you?"

I think that's a great idea

ChasR and Adak have already answered your questions in the first thread......Based on your info run v6.34 client & monitor with HFM.net.

Oh man now I feel dumb:bang head well I hope everyone makes a few mistakes around here while they are new. Ok well I will run the V6 client and be on my way then

Back