• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O/C a k6-2 400 mhz???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albreck

hi... may someone help me to O/C a k6-2 400 mhz with a Soyo 5EHM v1.1???? and also tell me how much I may O/C??? thanks...
att,
a total newbie, albreck

OK, first off WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!
second of all, u should go to the Begginer's guides located on the front page. It should have much info u can use.
Other than that, I'm not familiar w/ ur mobo, I can only say about goto the CPU Database (DB)... There u can find all the overclocked CPU's records of all CPUs/brands/models/speeds...
There u can get an idia about how high u can go. The K6 series are really bad O/Cers but if u have sufficient cooling, I think a 50-100Mhz are in reach.
Good Luck!

Albreck said:
hi... may someone help me to O/C a k6-2 400 mhz with a Soyo 5EHM v1.1???? and also tell me how much I may O/C??? thanks...
att,
a total newbie, albreck

My office computer is a SOYO 5EMH v1.0 with a 400mhz AMD processor running at 500mhz. Thats the most I could get out of it. The default voltage on the processor I think is 2.4v. You will need to up that to 2.8v multiplier 5x100. You might wat to try 4.5x100 first and see if it boots to windows ok. I so, then 5x100. I hope that helps!

thanks for the help... I think today I start the OC and see what happend... and if everything work ok, I tell.... and if not.... :mad: jajaja... hey.... by the way... and what about the bios???? do I have to do something there???? :eek:
thanks again...
Albreck...

Any K6-2/3 can get another 50Mhz I think, ive OC'ed 6 of em, and they all got at least another 50Mhz stable, most was another 100Mhz stable, but I had poor boards to work with.

i had my old k6-2 450 up to 560 stable with lots of burning in and lots of vcore with good cooling but also i should say be carefull when uping your vcore because it can kill the chipi had mine set to 3.0 or higher i think it was but i would warn u not to go that high with your 400 i wanted to upgrad to a new duron at that time anyway so i just didnt care if i fryed it :p anyway good luck with overclocking that :)

Back