• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P8Z68 Boot Device LED

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

62chevyman

Hello, I have an Asus p8z68-v pro mobo in a new computer I just assembled, BIOS version is 0606. I currently do not have a case mic hooked up but when I boot my computer, the boot device LED stays on while in the BIOS. The funny thing is it launches Windows 7 64 bit without a hitch. After entering Windows the light will turn off, so on a normal boot up the light is on for about a total of 10-15 seconds. I am at a loss as to what exactly is going on. If anyone has any input at all it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Components:
Intel Core i5 2500k
Asus P8Z68-V Pro
8gb Corsair Vengeance Ram
Corsair hx750 psu
Corsair h50 cpu cooler
EVGA gtx570 gpu
WD Caviar Black 2tb HDD
Asus Black DVD Burner
Corsair 600t white case

This is normal AFAIK... When in the bios, you havent gotten to your boot devices yet. I believe in my Asus MIVE it does the same thing.

Good to hear! I was always wondering this, googled and found this thread.

I was also having the "no hard drive is detected" screen pop up before boot but figured that out too.

Back