• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCP61M-M3 (V7.1)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

t3chguy

Registered
Hiya guys, i was thinking of getting an AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition and an ASUS Silent Square Cpu Cooler...
On the box of the motherboard it mentioned it being AM3 Socket for the Phenom II X4, but I'm pretty sure that it was released before the Phenom II X6 1100T,..
So what I wanted to know would the CPU that I have chosen, the top of the range AMD, would work in this motherboard or not??

Thanks Guys...

Following that link they surely do not list the two 'bigger' Thuban six core cpus. The 1090T was out before some of the six cores they have listed, so they (ECS) does not think the large six cores will or should be supported. Seems so at least from the ECS website link.

www.ecs.com said:
º Note: This board supports CPU up to 95W TDP only; you can refer to AMD website to check your CPU.

IIRC, the 1090T has a TDP of 125W

Ok, thanks

Alright, Im a huge fan of Nvidia so I want you to list the top 5 Nvidia Chipset Motherboards that have an AM3 socket, and best if they were blue in colour... But it is not nescessarry...

Back