• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MS Small Business Sever 2008

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Val155

I am receiving the error, "You are attempting to connect back to your own computer. The requested operation is not allowed."

I am at my wits end. My wife bought a brand new Toshiba C655 and this is the machine we are trying to use so she can log into her work computer. Her work's network uses SBS 2008 and WinXP.

What is frustrating me is that I can log into her office on my PC and my daughters 5 year old Dell laptop, but the brand new Toshiba is giving us this error. I compared her internet settings to my machines and I have them identical... still no luck.

Her laptop has all of the latest windows updates installed.

I am hoping all of you pro's out there might think of some solution I can try. Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

What version of 7 is on her new computer?

I ask because it is possible it is a domain issue, and if you don't have 7 Pro or Ultimate, it won't allow a connection to a domain controller.

Back