• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can my intel Motherboard run more than 2GB of Ram ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alex Styl

Hello i have Intel DQ965GF motherboard and windows 7 32bits

I really want to know if i can run more than 2GB of ram
I am using PC Wizard to get information

Ram : I have installed 2x2GB but it says 2048MB (1 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )These are brand new

CPU :Intel Core 2 Duo E6400

Motherboard : Intel DQ965GF

Please i need BIG help :comp:

Alex styl

According to the whitesheets for that motherboard, 8 GB is the most you can have. Get CPU-z and post screenshots of the memory and SPD tabs. While you are in the memory tab, hit the drop down to see if both sticks are listed.

Thanks for Reply

As I see I only can see Ram that is placed in 4th slot but i cant see the other.
I tried before putting them to 2nd and 4th place and 1st and 3d

But i always see 2.00GB even in my System Information

And Sometimes it doesnt open :-/

If you can't see the other RAM module listed in CPUz, then the RAM isn't being detected by the motherboard. Try to swap the sticks to verify both work and try different slots.

ok, so i change their slots and i put them Blue and Blue the nearest to the proseccor but i think 1of them is broken or i dont know :S
it only say 2gb

Try one stick at a time. If one doesn't POST, that stick is likely broken.

Why not do this yourself? Testing memory is easy when one is likely completely dead. Don't waste your money. For the cost of paying someone to look at it, you could just buy completely new RAM for it.

Can I run Kingston KVR667D2N5/2G x2 ?on my motherboard?

Last edited:
Yes, but my brother says that my motherboard is too old for 4gb of ram and says that can only run 2gb of ram :S

We are looking at the white sheets themselves. It supports up to 8gb.

Back