• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A to-do list ALWAYS displayed on your desktop, that syncs with your cellphone...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

Anyone know of any?

I want my to-do list to show BAM, right on my desktop when my windows are minimized.

I want it to sync with my Iphone.

Two very simple requirements right? Yet i've looked for quite a few hours on google and haven't found anything.

Hi blackjackel,

I use Toodledo, which has a Firefox AddOn and syncs with my droid phone. There is an iPhone app as well, if I remember correctly. To show it on your desktop, you could enable Active Desktop (??) or whatever it's called and have it show a webpage of your Toodledo account. Edit: So I'm showing my age...it's not Active Desktop anymore, it's Windows Sidebar/Gadgets. There are options to "sync" Toodledo with an RSS or iCal feed, as shown here, which could then be loaded into a Sidebar/Gadget.

Just thinking out loud...
-JT

Super old thread, but seems to still be an issue in 2014. I don't really want to use Rainmeter, but I would really like my ToDo list displayed on my desktop. I use Gtasks and think it's great, but I'd really like to have it displayed on my desktop without having to spawn a window or view it in my browser.

Is indeed an old thread, but reading it, makes me sure i want sinilar, yet i have droid, but i know for sure my boss wants it. Currently he has a notepad file in dropbox, thats shortcut to his desktop on all his pcs. But its not 100% the same, and if anyone has the answer, do come forward. Forgot to mention, he has iphone.

I use my corporate email account to add tasks to my list, they sync with my email, calendar, etc on my phone. There's probably a desktop widget for it without having to have outlook open. I'm sure Google Calendar has a tasks feature that can do the same.

It does. But the point is that neither (Google nor Outlook) has anything to integrate into the desktop (the whole point of the thread).

Back