• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting stop error 0024, ntfs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

morik

Registered
I'm not sure how to go about further diagnoses...

My system is as shown in signature, with the following for harddrives:
system/OS/game drive: OCZ Vertex 2 240GB SSD (running in AHCI mode)
Media storage drives: 3 3 SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 HD204UI 2TB 32MB in raid 5

here is what I've tried so far:

chkdsk /F -- no dice, nothing wrong with either set of drives

Viewed SMART status with HDTune on the OCZ--looks fine.

Didn't see a tool to view SMART status of the samsung drives, but intel's rapid storage technology application reports their status as normal.

Ran memtest86+ for 11 passes overnight, no issues.

I'm running intel rapidstore 10.1. I just checked, and see there are updated drivers. I'll try those, but I find it odd that I've been running for months (always on) with no issues, and now I get 2 BSODs in 3 days. No new system software aside from a printer driver--only games.

Last edited:
When it blue screens, do any of the drives show as "missing" or "rebuilding" in the RAID controller setup?

If you aren't sure which drive is causing the crash, either replace the SATA cables or swap them around.

When it blue screens, do any of the drives show as "missing" or "rebuilding" in the RAID controller setup?

If you aren't sure which drive is causing the crash, either replace the SATA cables or swap them around.

Nope--the array looks healthy.

I updated my intel rapidstore driver from 10.1 to 10.6 or whatever the latest one is.

I also updated the firmware in my SSD to 3.33 from 3.17 (I think it was 3.17...) The update notes indicated the new firmware increased stability.

I haven't had a crash since. If I start getting them again, I'll try new cables one drive at a time to see if that helps.

elevate a command prompt to admin status/
type in;
sfc /scannow

this will check your OS and file system for corruption. much better than chkdsk.

elevate a command prompt to admin status/
type in;
sfc /scannow

this will check your OS and file system for corruption. much better than chkdsk.

Thanks, I didn't know about SFC!

No problems found though.

Back