• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nothing seems to be working together :S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scorpain

Hello everyone and thankyou for taking your time to read my post.
I'm an experianced computer builder and afer building this computer that i have now, everything was working fine, RAM was running properly, my CPU was overclocked and everything was working fine untill I upgraded my card to an Asus GFX480 ROG version.
Once this was installed i noticed that my RAM was only running at 1440MHz in the bios and CPUz. When i try and change it i only get the 1770 option or lower, but this RAM runs at 2000+.

When i change my CPU Bus Frequency to around 250 i get a 2000MHz option for my ram but upon restart i get a message saying that my CPU doesn't support this type of overclocking :S (or something along those lines).
However this never use to happen when i overclocked my CPU before by using the software provided by the Asus motherboard but now it doesnt :(
Even when i tried to update the BIOS, when it restarted that as well, failed.

My computer specs are:

Mobo: Asus Crosshair IV Formula
CPU : AMD 970 Black Ed
PSU : FXF 850w
GFX : Asus 480 Matrix

Again thanks for your time and replies :)

When you install your old/another video card right now if you have them, is everything like it used to be? If not - then it's not the video card.

If you suspect other hardware components, try disconnecting every single thing from mobo except for one stick of RAM only having a video card and no other cards in there. Then go on from there.

Back